Sunday, May 1, 2011

We marched for Charli!

I don't think that there has ever been a cause that has been closer to my heart than the March of Dimes. This past Saturday Maverick and I, along with our friends, participated in the Indianapolis Walk For Babies 5k. Our Team was Charli C's Angels. We were walking in memory of Charli Catherine Jenkins.

Not everyone can say that they have seen an angel. Not only have I seen an angel, but I have held one in my arms. On August 6th, 2009 Charli Catherine was born too early. She was born to my very best friend in the whole world, Sarah and her husband Brandon. She is the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen in my whole life. She looked just like her mommy. 
I will be forever grateful and humbled to Sarah and Brandon for letting me meet the most beautiful angel in heaven.

Although Charli went to heaven that day her spirit lives on.
 This weekend our team raised $1500 in her memory!
This is something that we are going to do every year. I encourage everyone reading this to donate to the march of dimes. Their mission is to raise money for research for premature babies.


Team Charli C's Angels
maverick and his Aunt Sarah
Getting ready for the walk
Aunt Lish made it!!
Charli's mommy and daddy
This is how we spent most of the day!
Maverick with his Charli shirt
We love you Charli!
You are on our minds and in our hearts every single day!

I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love.
Leo Buscaglia

2 comments:

  1. Love the shirts, Kelly! What a beautiful day for a beautiful cause! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maverick looks awesome in pink! :)

    What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete