Monday, August 22, 2011

1st trip to the Children's Museum

Last week we had an unplanned trip to the Children's Museum.
If you have not ever been drop everything you are doing right now and run!!
It is so awesome! My mom used to take me all of the time when I was little.
I can still picture the wall behind the carousel with the park scene!!

Cousin Billy, Mammy, Maverick and I had such a fun time.
Here we are in the entrance where Maverick was greeted with a Chinese dragon.
He loved it!
 Our first stop was the gift shop and he was yelling and screaming. He was so excited!
 Candy..yummmm
 He found the biggest rubber ducky he had ever seen!!!
Of course, he wanted to take it home and chew on it!!
 Here is Mav throwing a fit when I took the duck away.
(He has the sock on his hand b/c he is still recovering from his burn)
 Cousin Billy had fun showing him toys!
 At the back of the gift shop we found this Thomas the Train table. Maverick was over the moon.
I would try to pick him up and he would hold on to the table for dear life. He did not want to leave it.
I'm pretty sure Santa is going to have to try to find this table at a less expensive store!
 He could have stayed here all day!!!
 Here he is at the famous water clock. He could have cared less.
I'm sure once he gets older he will appreciate the cool factor of the clock!
 We made our way up to the carousel. He would not take his eyes off of it!
 Mom, I love it!
 We tried to wave everytime we passed Billy and Mammy.
 Mammy was fascinated with all of the stuff there. She had not been since I was little!
 The boys found a dinosaur!!
 They have a special play area for kids under 2. This is so cool. He loved the little mirror.
 There was a really cool Barbie Exhibit. I didn't realize how much I would love this.
It was so fun! Here we are at our Barbie CEO desk!

In this picture Billy and I are about to pee our pants b/c Mammy can't figure out the camera on my phone.
She kept taking pictures of herself.
 A Barbie covered in Swarovski crystals? Yes, please!
 Billy loves Barbie too!!
 This was the funniest doll there!!
 Mammy and Maverick walked the runway!! Work it!

Barbie and the Rockers!!
This was totally my generation of Barbie!
 Mammy also works for Barbie!
 Billy is her assistant!
 Our last stop was the Dinosphere. The last time that I was there it was the 1st year it opened.
You had to get tickets a week in advance. It was nice to be able to walk through so quickly!
Maverick enjoyed the lights!
 Cousin Billy loves elevators!
 Bye-bye dinos! See you next time!
I hope to get a yearly membership so that as Mav gets older we can visit more often.
I really didn't think he was old enough to enjoy it yet. I could not get over how interactive he was with everything. He yelled and giggled the whole time we were there!! I can't wait to take him back!

No comments:

Post a Comment