Thursday, August 11, 2011

State fair!

I only know of one time in my whole life that I have missed a state fair.
It was last year. It was very hot and I was 8 months pregnant. It would not have been enjoyable for anyone.
The State fair has always been something that my family takes very seriously. You get up very early and stay as late as you can possibly stand it. There is always so much to eat  see.
I have been looking forward to taking Mav since the day he was born. I knew he would love it.
And he did :)

I should start the pictures by showing this year's signature fair food.
Some people anxiously anticipate results of an election or important decisions by the gov't.
Not my family. We start scouting out new state fair foods months in advance.
I did not try this year's, but it looks delicious.
(for the record--I planned on it, but there was a free ice cream sample a few booths down)
We started off in the cattle barn. Maverick loves looking at animals.  
 We met up with some of our buddies.
Maverick and Sam were excited to see each other!
 Look at that adorable face!!!
 Sandra & Sam, Maverick and I, and Jess with Bryn and Cole.
(Jess is super mom. Sandra and I both had an entourage and were both close to 1/2 hour late. Jess was by herself with TWO babies and made it on time!!)
A few months ago when I was talking about elephant ears Sandra asked if it was a type of meat.
 ::insert giggles::
I knew I could not allow her to leave the state fair until she tried this little bit of heaven!!
(I should mention that Sandra did not grow up in the midwest, so we will let her slide on this one)
 After a mini-meltdown in the manufacturer's building Maverick was out like light.
He fell asleep in the Ergo and then stayed asleep in his stroller!!
That NEVER happens!!
My mom (Mammy), Maverick, Me, and Cousin Billy (Biwwy) 
 After Mav's nap he was ready for the day.
He spent most of the day in the front of his stroller eating puffs.
he loved it!
 We took a short break so that he could eat some baby food.
He loved the water fountain.
 I'm still not sure what this animal is supposed to be...an otter?
 Mav is an FFA member...
 a cow...
 a cowboy...
 a pig!!
 The 2011 Indiana State Fair mascot was Bennie the Bean.
Soybeans were this year's theme.
 I love this little cheese!
 Mav and his Mammy in a basball glove.
Mammy thinks he is going to be the next Babe Ruth!
 We found a horse in the barns.
Her name was Darn Diva. She was so nice and friendly.
Maverick loved her. He got so excited when she would look his way.
 After we were standing there we noticed a sign....
Oops!
We must have been the exception!
 Donkeys!
 We found a little sprinkler! My little fishy loved it!
 Billy goats, Mav, and Cousin Billy
 This is Mammy trying to keep Mav awake on the way home!!
We had a great day and beautiful weather!!
I am already looking forward to next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment